At the Y we are committed to serving our community, and we are always looking for more people to support our mission and movement. If you would like to join a great organization where you can make a real difference, please read below to find out more about our current job opportunities.
The Wardle Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. We celebrate culture by embracing diversity.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
YMCA employment application is located at the bottom of this page.
Y Swim Teach Coach
The Y Swim Team Coach provides competitive swimming instructions to swim team members in various age groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts. May supervise other coaches as assigned. Reports to the YMCA Aquatics Director.
- Organizes and administers all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
- Develops positive relationships with team members and provides motivational support and guidance. Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and YMCA values. Evaluates team members and records progress.
- May supervise assistant coaches.
- Ability to manage and update the swim team website (Team Unify) including meet/event entries and general team/parent communication.
- Recruits prospective members and provides information about YMCA membership and swim team fee structure.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes, plans, and attends swim meets and swim team functions.
- Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members at these events.
- Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers. Leads the Advisory Committee with all fundraising functions for the Swim Team.
- Order supplies as needed for swim teams and meets.
- Maintains on-going communication with parent volunteers, Aquatics Director and other YMCA staff making recommendations to supervisor of team, coach and equipment needs
- Stay in compliance with all cluster, district, state, and national rules and guidelines. Regularly attend swim coach training; continued education encouraged.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have 3 years’ experience as a swim teach coach. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification and Emergency Oxygen, Red Cross Coaches Safety Training and Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving. Must have lifeguard certification.
- Must be able to demonstrate coaches’ safety skills in accordance with ASHI, YMCA and Red Cross standards.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Y members, guests and staff.
Swim Team Coach is a seasonal, hourly position. 10 hours (max off season) to 25 hours (max in season) per week. Hourly rate depends upon qualifications and experience.
Apply by emailing your resume to: email@example.com or stop by the Y front desk (1801 Richmond Ave., Port Royal SC 29935) and fill out an application.
Y Afterschool Program Staff Position
Provides direct supervision of a group of children in an afterschool care setting. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities which are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Assist children with homework.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Ensure all children are signed in and out with time of drop off and pick up
- Check identification of all persons picking up children and are on the pick-up list
- Monitor the children at ALL times
- Uphold and teach the four core values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
Part-time; 20 hours per week
$8 – $10 per hour
To Apply: Email resume and/or Y employee application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Y front desk (1801 Richmond Avenue, Port Royal, SC 29935)
Certified Teacher (Preschool): The YMCA of Beaufort County is seeking a preschool teacher for Discovery Kids Preschool. The qualified applicant must be a certified teacher in early childhood education. All applicants are required to pass a criminal background check. There are full time and part time positions available. Responsibilities include: working collaboratively with the director, other teachers, and teacher’s assistants; planning and implementing curriculum; observing and evaluating children’s performance, behavior, social and physical development; encouraging family involvement; and a commitment to meeting the needs of each individual child in preparing them for kindergarten.
Salary range: $25,000-$30,000 based on experience
Assistant Teacher (Preschool): The YMCA of Beaufort County is seeking a preschool assistant for Discovery Kids Preschool. The qualified applicant must have experience in early childhood education. All applicants are required to pass a criminal background check. There are full time and part time positions available. Responsibilities include: working collaboratively with the director, other teachers, and teacher’s assistants; planning and implementing curriculum; observing and evaluating children’s performance, behavior, social and physical development; encouraging family involvement; and a commitment to meeting the needs of each individual child in preparing them for kindergarten.
Pay: $9-$10/per hour maximum 30 hours per week
Qualified, interested applicants should email a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Swim Lesson Instructor: Must be at least 15 years old and have swim experience, either swim team or comparable. Monday through Friday: 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
Pay: $9-$11/hour depending upon experience
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Y front desk (1801 Richmond Ave., Port Royal, SC 29935) for an application. Maximum 30 hours per week.
Lifeguard: Part-time. Applicants must be 16 years old and a certified Lifeguard, either Red Cross or YMCA certified. Stop by the Y and ask for Lou Bergen or call 843.522.9622.
Fitness Programs / Schedule
- Belly Dance (Casey)
- Zumba (Jennifer)
- Power 30 (Jeff)
- Line Dance (Lynn)
- TRX (Denice/Mike)
- Power 30 (Jeff)
- Cardio Strength (Jenny/Anna)
- Senior Pilates (Martha)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (Sarah/Jessie)
- Senior Shape Up (Betsy)
- Circuit (Robert)
- Holy Yoga (Carrie)
- Twilight 2 (Lisa)
- Spinterval (Denice)
- Energy Zone (Julia/Anna)
- Endurance (Emily/Rick/Lisa/Sherry)
- Sprint Zone (Jenny/Rachel)
- Power Hour (Rick/Kelsey)
- Cardio Combo (Jill)
- Cardio Interval (Kelly/Mary W.)
- Kickboxing (Jeff)
- Fit Over Fifty (Denice/Martha)
- Pilates (Martha)
- Family Yoga
- Strength (Gina)
- Tabata (Julia/Denice)
- Boot Camp (TBD/Jenny)
- Interval (Kelly/Jenny)
- Yoga (Ginnie/Sally/Renee/Laura)