At the Y we are committed to serving our community, and we are always looking for more people to support our mission and movement. If you would like to join a great organization where you can make a real difference, please read below to find out more about our current job opportunities.
The Wardle Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. We celebrate culture by embracing diversity.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
YMCA employment application is located at the bottom of this page.
YMCA Afterschool Program Staff Position
Provides direct supervision of a group of children in an afterschool care setting. Provides a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities which are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA values.
- Assist children with homework.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relations with parents and other staff. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Ensure all children are signed in and out with time of drop off and pick up
- Check identification of all persons picking up children and are on the pick-up list
- Monitor the children at ALL times
- Uphold and teach the four core values of Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility
Part-time; 20 hours per week
$8 – $10 per hour
To Apply: Email resume and/or Y employee application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Y front desk (1801 Richmond Avenue, Port Royal, SC 29935)
Water Aerobics Instructor: Part-Time. Teach 2 or 3 classes per week, morning and/or evening. We offer shallow water and deep water classes. Experience and certification required. Please send resume to email@example.com.
Certified Teacher (Preschool): The YMCA of Beaufort County is seeking a preschool teacher for Discovery Kids Preschool. The qualified applicant must be a certified teacher in early childhood education. All applicants are required to pass a criminal background check. There are full time and part time positions available. Responsibilities include: working collaboratively with the director, other teachers, and teacher’s assistants; planning and implementing curriculum; observing and evaluating children’s performance, behavior, social and physical development; encouraging family involvement; and a commitment to meeting the needs of each individual child in preparing them for kindergarten.
Salary range: $25,000-$30,000 based on experience
Assistant Teacher (Preschool): The YMCA of Beaufort County is seeking a preschool assistant for Discovery Kids Preschool. The qualified applicant must have experience in early childhood education. All applicants are required to pass a criminal background check. There are full time and part time positions available. Responsibilities include: working collaboratively with the director, other teachers, and teacher’s assistants; planning and implementing curriculum; observing and evaluating children’s performance, behavior, social and physical development; encouraging family involvement; and a commitment to meeting the needs of each individual child in preparing them for kindergarten.
Pay: $9-$10/per hour maximum 30 hours per week
Qualified, interested applicants should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Swim Lesson Instructor: Must be at least 15 years old and have swim experience, either swim team or comparable. Monday through Friday: 5:30 – 7:30 pm.
Pay: $9-$11/hour depending upon experience
Send resume to email@example.com or stop by the Y front desk (1801 Richmond Ave., Port Royal, SC 29935) for an application. Maximum 30 hours per week.
Lifeguard: Part-time. Applicants must be 16 years old and a certified Lifeguard, either Red Cross or YMCA certified. Stop by the Y and ask for Lou Bergen or call 843.522.9622.
Fitness Programs / Schedule
- Belly Dance (Casey)
- Zumba (Jennifer)
- Power 30 (Jeff)
- Line Dance (Lynn)
- TRX (Denice/Mike)
- Power 30 (Jeff)
- Cardio Strength (Jeff/Anna)
- Senior Pilates (Martha)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (Sarah/Jessie)
- Senior Shape Up (Betsy)
- Circuit (Robert)
- Holy Yoga (Carrie)
- Twilight 2 (Lisa)
- Spinterval (Denice)
- Energy Zone (Sherry/Lisa)
- Endurance (Emily/Rick/Lisa/Sherry)
- Sprint Zone (Jenny/Rachel)
- Power Hour (Rick/Kelsey)
- Cardio Combo (Jill)
- Cardio Interval (Kelly/Mary W.)
- Kickboxing (Jeff)
- Fit Over Fifty (Denice/Martha)
- Pilates (Martha)
- Family Yoga
- Strength (Gina)
- Tabata (Julia/Denice)
- Boot Camp (TBD/Jenny)
- Interval (Kelly/Jenny)
- Yoga (Ginnie/Sally/Renee/Laura)