At the Y we are committed to serving our community, and we are always looking for more people to support our mission and movement. If you would like to join a great organization where you can make a real difference, please read below to find out more about our current job opportunities.
The Wardle Family YMCA is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. We celebrate culture by embracing diversity.
CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
YMCA employment application is located at the bottom of this page.
Front Desk Staff
Membership Services Staff is responsible for quality member service at the front desk/courtesy counter. This position will help maintain a satisfactory level of membership participation and retention. This position is also responsible for membership information and sales, facility tours, program information and registration, merchandise sales and member/guest check-in procedures. This position will act as a receptionist, answering the phone for all departments. At times is responsible for building supervision and opening and closing the facility. Membership Services staff will uphold and support the mission and four core values of the YMCA.
- Communicate information regarding our services, in person and on the telephone
- Learn and utilize Y membership software (we will train) to process new memberships, renew memberships, place memberships on hold and all other front desk tasks within the software as assigned
- Maintain printed materials (forms) up to date and available as needed
- Greet members, guests and participants in a professional and friendly manner. Answer and direct all incoming telephone calls in a professional manner
- Collect appropriate fees for program, membership and other services accurately. Accurately handle money and to be able to balance daily receipts
- Check and take membership cards and when necessary question individuals on status of membership and collect appropriate fees in a professionally respectful manner
- Use proper grammar and spelling in order to maintain accuracy for members
- Distribute keys and equipment and other items when necessary
- Keep desk area clean and free of food, drink, and cell phone. Maintain and keep the lobby area clean and free of debris.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled staff meetings.
- Sell memberships, programs, merchandise and other items
- To be knowledgeable of ALL aspects of the YMCA, including building operations, membership services, programs and other information.
- Offers and conduct facility tours
- Supervise building while on duty and periodically walk throughout the building keeping an eye on behavior of members and guests and safety issues
- Take the necessary actions for member/guest safety and including disciplinary actions
- Responsible at times to open and close facilities per procedures
- Accepts all other tasks assigned through the membership coordinator or other lead staff.
- Uphold and exemplify the principles of the YMCA including the core values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility
- Must follow the policies set forth in the Employee Handbook
Part-time; Up to 29 hours per week
Includes weekends, evenings and early mornings.
$9 per hour
Please send resume and/or compete YMCA application to the Y front desk or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fitness Programs / Schedule
- HIIT ( Kelly)
- HIIT (Jessie, Judy)
- HIIT/Circuit (Denice)
- Belly Dance (Casey)
- Zumba (Jennifer)
- Line Dance (Lynn)
- TRX (Denice)
- Power 30 (Jeff)
- Cardio Strength (Jenny/Anna)
- Senior Pilates (Martha)
- R.I.P.P.E.D. (Sarah)
- Senior Shape Up (Betsy/Renee)
- Circuit (Robert)
- Vinyasa Yoga (Laura)
- Twilight 2 (Lisa)
- Spinterval (Denice)
- Energy Zone (Julia/Jenny)
- Endurance (Rick/Lisa/Jodi)
- Sprint Zone (Lisa)
- Power Hour (Rick/Kelsey/Susie)
- Cardio Combo (Jill)
- Cardio Interval (Mary W.)
- Kickboxing (Jeff)
- Fit Over Fifty (Denice/Sarah)
- Pilates (Martha)
- Devotional Yoga (Adam)
- Strength (Carol/Gina)
- Tabata (Rachel/Julia/Denice)
- Boot Camp (Jenny)
- Interval (Kelly/Mary)
- Yoga (Ginnie/Sally/Renee/Laura)