Indoor Pool Hours:
Monday – Friday: 5:30 am – 8:30pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 4:30pm
Sunday: 1:30 pm-4:30 pm
Outdoor Pool Hours:
Starting August 16, 2017 the Outdoor Pool will be open:
Monday-Friday: 10 am-12 pm & 4 pm -7 pm
Saturday: 11 am-4:30 pm
Sunday: 1:30 pm-4:30 pm
Starting September 1, 2017 the Outdoor Pool will be open on the weekend as follows*:
Saturday: 12 pm-4:30 pm
Sunday: 1:30 pm-4:30 pm
The YMCA is closed on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 4.
* Closing for the season TBD dependent on the weather.
- At least 1 lane is available at all times for lap swimming. If all lanes have swimmers in them, we will try to make more lanes available. However, sometimes other programs do not make this possible. In these cases, we ask that you swim in a circle in the lanes. Stay to the right side always, just as you would driving a car.
- During Swim team we will only be able to open one lane for free swim due to the growth of our program. Thank you for understanding!
- Families are encouraged to enjoy the pool at Open Swim Times
- Children must be escorted to and from the pool.
- If the child is at least 7 years old and passes the swim test, the parent may leave the child in the pool area while enjoying another aspect of our facility. We ask that you sign in and tell us where you will be in case of an emergency.
- No large flotation devices may be used in our facility. Small instructional devices from home may be used only if the parent is in the water (within an arms length) with the child.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- No gum in or around the pool.
- No Band Aids in the pool.
- No running, pushing, or horseplay.
- No diving in the shallow end.
- A child of any age using a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) must have a parent in the water with the child.
- Children of any age who can not pass a modified swim test, must have a parent in the water with the child at all times. If the child can pass the swim test, the parent must still remain on the pool deck.
WATER SAFETY TIPS
- Learn how to swim indoors this winter.We offer lessons year-round in our heated pool!
- Have a pool yourself? Maintain pools and spas in the winter by keeping water clear, even if it is too cold to swim. If someone falls in they can be seen and helped faster.
- Before the kids visit for the holidays, install a lockable safety cover for your spa.
- On holiday, away from the Lowcountry? Know the dangers of ice on lakes and ponds. Always be watchful as you never know if ice thickness is the same throughout a body of water.
- Be a Constant Eyes On (CEO), especially at other people’s homes. Know if there is water near or around homes your children visit.
- When traveling to see relatives and family members, stress the importance of keeping gates closed, doors locked, toilet seats down and emptying buckets. Drowning can happen inside the home just as easily as outside the home.
Y Members $50 · Non-Members $70
- If the YMCA has to cancel a lesson, make ups will be held on Friday.
- At least 3 people must be signed up or the class will be cancelled.
TIGERSHARK SWIM TEAM
Questions? Contact Lisa Redwine, Aquatics & Sports Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 12th annual Beaufort River Swim will be Saturday, May 19, 2018! The Beaufort River Swim (BRS) is a fundraising event with proceeds benefiting the Y Learn To Swim program, teaching children and adults in our community how to swim at a free or reduced cost. This year we raised over $10,000!
CLICK HERE to go the event website to learn more about the event and see results and pictures from the 2017 BRS. Thank you!
YMCA SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTORS NEEDED
Want to teach swimming lessons? We can train you! (See below for details). Must have a strong swimming background and be available Monday through Thursday, 5:30 to 7:30 pm to teach lessons.
YMCA SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTOR CLASS
Learn all the skills to become a certified YMCA swim lesson instructor. Participants must have current CPR/AED first aid certification and these certifications are also available through the Y.
For dates of our next class please contact Lisa Redwine, Aquatics & Sports Director at email@example.com or call her at 832.522.9622.
YMCA LIFEGUARD CLASS
Interested in becoming a Y certified lifeguard? Click here to go to the lifeguard page to learn about our class offering.
PADI CERTIFICATION CLASS: Learn the basics of SCUBA and complete your PADI Open Water Certification.
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO REGISTER CONTACT INSTRUCTOR GENE CLARK @ portroyalscuba.com or 843.812.9606.
(Registration and payment is through Gene Clark, NOT the Y.)
BECOME A Y COMMUNITY BUILDER!
It is only with your help that we can make our programs possible.
Donations underwrite our program costs and provide scholarships for our young prospective students to attend our aquatic programs.
Volunteer! We welcome your assistance, knowledge, and experience: Visit our VOLUNTEER page.
To Learn about our Community Builders Underwriting Program please CLICK HERE.
To Learn about our Community Builders Underwriting Levels please CLICK HERE.
For additional information or questions please contact Betsy Hinderliter, Marketing & Development Director, 843.522.9622