Indoor Pool Hours:
DUE TO COVID-19 HOURS POOL HOURS ARE ACCORDING TO PHASE 2. CLICK HERE FOR PHASE 2 GUIDELINES.
- Monday – Friday, 7am – 7pm
- Saturday, 8am – 1pm
- Sunday, 1pm – 5pm
Outdoor Pool Hours:
2020 Outdoor Pool Open Hours (Subject to change)
- Mon-Fri: 9am-6:30pm
- Sat : 9am-1pm
- Sunday : 1:30 pm-4:30pm
At least 1 lane is available at all times for lap swimming. If all lanes have swimmers in them, we will try to make more lanes available. However, sometimes other programs do not make this possible. In these cases, we ask that you swim in a circle in the lanes. Stay to the right side always, just as you would driving a car.
During Swim team we will only be able to open one lane for free swim due to the growth of our program. Thank you for understanding!
CLICK HERE FOR OUR POOL RULES (opens new window)
CLICK HERE FOR OUR SAUNA RULES (opens new window)
Lightning & Thunder Policy
One way the YMCA practices a safe environment is to close swimming pools during severe weather such as thunder and lightning. The YMCA of the USA, FEMA, the American Red Cross, NOAA, and the National Lightning Safety Institute all advise to not use plumbing of any kind during thunder and lightning and to stay clear of windows.
Thunder is the sound of lightning, which is a warning that lightning is either present or will soon be visibly present. For these reasons, our YMCA aquatic facilities will close during thunder and lightning and we ask that you respect this policy. Our pools will close until 30 minutes after the last thunder or lightning.
Thank you for your cooperation on this matter!
CLICK HERE FOR FACTS ON THUNDER & LIGHTNING (opens new window)
LIFE JACKET & SWIM TEST POLICY (opens new window)
The safety of all swimmers is our priority! Therefore, a swim test is required of all swimmers under the age of 18 to determine their swimming competency so they will be safe in all areas of both the indoor and outdoor pools. Swim test can be done with our Head Lifeguard or Aquatics Director.
Patrons who are unable to pass the Y swim test MUST wear a coast guard approved life vest/jacket at all times.
NO EXTENDED Breathholding or Hyperventilation Is Allowed. Extended breathholding and/or hyperventilating can cause blackouts and drowning!
WATER SAFETY TIPS
- Learn how to swim indoors this winter.We offer lessons year-round in our heated pool!
- Have a pool yourself? Maintain pools and spas in the winter by keeping water clear, even if it is too cold to swim. If someone falls in they can be seen and helped faster.
- Before the kids visit for the holidays, install a lockable safety cover for your spa.
- On holiday, away from the Lowcountry? Know the dangers of ice on lakes and ponds. Always be watchful as you never know if ice thickness is the same throughout a body of water.
- Be a Constant Eyes On (CEO), especially at other people’s homes. Know if there is water near or around homes your children visit.
- When traveling to see relatives and family members, stress the importance of keeping gates closed, doors locked, toilet seats down and emptying buckets. Drowning can happen inside the home just as easily as outside the home.
Y Members $60 · Non-Members $80
- If the YMCA has to cancel a lesson, make ups will be held on Friday.
- At least 3 people must be signed up or the class will be cancelled.
TIGERSHARK SWIM TEAM
Questions? Contact Lou Bergan, Aquatics Director at email@example.com
The 14th annual Beaufort River Swim has been postponed until Fall 2020. Check back here, social media and the event website for updates.
CLICK HERE to visit the event website to learn more about the event.
If you have questions please see Denice Fanning, Event Director: firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-522-9622.
YMCA SWIM LESSON INSTRUCTORS NEEDED
Want to teach swimming lessons? Must be a certified swim lesson instructor. Must have a strong swimming background and be available Monday through Thursday, 5:30 to 7:30 pm to teach lessons.
For more information contact Lou Bergen, Aquatics Director at email@example.com or call her at 832.522.9622.
YMCA LIFEGUARD CLASS
Interested in becoming a Y certified lifeguard? Click here to go to the lifeguard page to learn about our class offering.
PADI CERTIFICATION CLASS: Learn the basics of SCUBA and complete your PADI Open Water Certification.
FOR MORE INFORMATION & TO REGISTER CONTACT INSTRUCTOR GENE CLARK @ portroyalscuba.com or 843.812.9606.
(Registration and payment is through Gene Clark, NOT the Y.)
BECOME A Y COMMUNITY BUILDER!
It is only with your help that we can make our programs possible.
Donations underwrite our program costs and provide scholarships for our young prospective students to attend our aquatic programs.
Volunteer! We welcome your assistance, knowledge, and experience: Visit our VOLUNTEER page.
To Learn about our Community Builders Underwriting Program please CLICK HERE.
To Learn about our Community Builders Underwriting Levels please CLICK HERE
For additional information or questions please contact Lou Bergen, Aquatics Director, 843-522-9622.