Aquatics at the Y
Click on the Seasons to register for upcoming swim classes!
Lessons start May 6th! · Morning Lessons begin June 17th!
Y Members $40 · Non-Members $60
- At least 3 people must be signed up or the class will be canceled.
- If the YMCA has to cancel a lesson, make ups will be held on Friday.
TIGERSHARK SWIM TEAM
The Tigersharks Swim Team has ongoing registration for the summer season. Interested swimmers can still come to practice at 4pm for a trial. If you have specific questions, please see Coach Rick at email@example.com.”
The 2013 Beaufort River Swim is set for June 15th!!!
Proceeds and participation support the YMCA’s Learn to Swim Programs
The Beaufort River Swim is quickly becoming a Lowcountry tradition! Come out and help contribute as all proceeds go to the learn to swim programs at the YMCA.
Our Annual Beaufort RIver Swim is set for June 15, 2013, at 8 a.m. The event is a 3 mile open water swim along the shoreline of Beaufort, highlighting the natural beauty of the area. The River Swim continues
to grow in popularity and the Y is hoping for an even greater turnout over previous years. Swimmers of all levels participate in the River Swim: triathletes, recreational lap swimmers and competitive age group swimmers. The Race starts at Port Royal Landing Marina, travels around the bend, passes the Hospital, and finishes at the Boat Ramp at the corner of the Downtown Marina, adjacent to Waterfront Park.
We hope to continue growing this event, as it will enable us to raise money to serve more individuals in the community that want to learn to swim. Please come out and be a part of this great event and help us towards our goal!
Register online at http://www.beaufortriverswim.com/
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR ANY AQUATICS PROGRAMS ONLINE!
|Spring 2012 Registration||2012 Lifeguard Registration|
|2012 Swim Club||River Swim 2012|
|Private Lesson Registration||CPR First Aid Registration|
Shop at swimoutlet.com to help support the swim team! All items bought through the link will give back 8% to the team.
Indoor Pool Hours:
Monday – Friday Saturday Sunday
6:00am-8:30pm 8:30am-4:30pm 1:30pm-4:30pm
- 2 lanes are available at all times for lap swimming. If both lanes have swimmers in them, we will try to make more lanes available. However, sometimes other programs do not make this possible. In these cases, we ask that you swim in a circle in the lanes. Stay to the right side always, just as you would driving a car.
- During Swim team we will only be able to open one lane for free swim due to the growth of our program. Thank you for understanding!
- Families are encouraged to enjoy the pool at Open Swim Times
- Children must be escorted to and from the pool.
- If the child is at least 6 years old and passes the swim test, the parent may leave the child in the pool area while enjoying another aspect of our facility. We ask that you sign in and tell us where you will be in case of an emergency.
- No large flotation devices may be used in our facility. Small instructional devices from home may be used only if the parent is in the water (within an arms length) with the child.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- No gum in or around the pool.
- No Band Aids in the pool.
- No running, pushing, or horseplay.
- No diving in the shallow end.
- A child of any age using a Personal Flotation Device (PFD) must have a parent in the water with the child.
- Children under 6 years old, who can not pass a modified swim test, must have a parent in the water with the child at all times. If the child can pass the swim test, the parent must still remain on the pool deck.
Pool Schedule – Updated coming soon!